In conjunction with National Child Abuse Prevention Month in April, Helping Services for Youth & Families’ Family Education team is holding a diaper drive to benefit the families enrolled in home visiting services in Allamakee, Clayton, Howard, and Winneshiek Counties.
Roughly 1 in 3 families struggle to afford diapers at the estimated cost of $100 dollars per month for each child. Not being able to purchase basic necessities significantly impacts the physical, mental, and economic well-being of both children and their parents. Particularly during this time of economic uncertainty, families are having to make the tough decision to hold off on purchasing a new pack of diapers to pay for essentials such as food and housing. By donating diapers, people can play an essential role in keeping their communities safe and healthy.
Donations of the following are greatly appreciated:
- New, unopened packages of diapers/pull-ups and wipes.
- Full or partial packages of diapers/pull-ups your child has grown out of.
- Monetary donations to Family Education and Support can be mailed to PO Box 372, Decorah IA 52101 or online at www.HelpingServices.org.
Diaper donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Helping Services Decorah Office (805 East Main St. Decorah, IA 52101)
- Fareway (103 E. Main St. Decorah, IA 52101)
- Helping Services Guttenberg Office (631 S Hwy 52, Guttenberg, IA 52052) by appointment- call or text Lori @ (563) 419-0717
- Murphy Helwig Library (111 N Page St, Monona, IA 52159)
- Robey Memorial Library (401 1st Ave NW, Waukon, IA 52172)
- Veterans Memorial Hospital (40 1st St SE, Waukon, IA 52172)
- Kessel Kids (1135 Canterbury St, Cresco, IA 52136)
Any questions regarding the diaper drive or the Family Education program, contact Shelby Henkelman: email@example.com or (563) 380-1300 or visit our website at www.helpingservices.org.