Substance Abuse Coalition Member
- ASAP – Allamakee Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- DDAC – Delaware County Drug Abuse Coalition
- DASAC – Dubuque Area Substance Abuse Coalition
- ERASE Substance Abuse Coalition – (Winneshiek County)
- FCSAC – Fayette County Substance Abuse Coalition
- Prevention Five (Howard County)
How is it that it’s illegal to host a party with 18 year olds when 18 is considered a legal adult?? It’s a stupid radio ad and law!!
You’re not alone, Shawn, in thinking the legal drinking age does seem inconsistent with the definition of adulthood, but logic and health development concerns are what set that age limit.
Currently, it is not illegal to host a party with 18- to 20-year-olds, but it is against the law to provide in alcoholic beverages in any way to anyone under twenty-one years. So, the social host law applies to all individuals who allow their property to be a party place where anyone under 18 consumes alcohol.