Our team has pulled together some of the latest accounts of how youth and families in Northeast Iowa are becoming even healthier and safer. These stories will help you understand the unique situations of other people, or they may even give you insight into your own life.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- When domestic violence disrupts a home, how do children cope?
- Due to an abuser’s need for control, getting everyday supplies can be difficult for a survivor of domestic abuse. By Kathleen Davis, Domestic Abuse Resource Center Director
- Bartenders and liquor store clerks hold a powerful, unique position. By Jennifer Kimber, Prevention Specialist
- Postpartum Depression: a mom’s year-long struggle As shared with Marcia Bannister, Family Educator
- New direction for domestic violence volunteer course By Nikki Kuhn, Volunteer Coordinator
- Making time for family. By Vicki Allendorf, Iowa Partnerships for Success Project Coordinator
- These mentors wanted to inspire. By Colinne McCann, IDPH Youth Mentoring AmeriCorps Member
- Director’s Challenge: Consider leaving a life-changing legacy. By Carson Eggland, Executive Director