This holiday season brings the excitement of new toys for little ones. New toys require your vigilance for your child’s safety.
The potential toy dangers range from choking and strangulation hazards to batteries and magnets. To keep your child safe, follow these guidelines when choosing toys:
- Know the danger of balloons
- Follow age recommendations for toys
- Don’t buy toys with small magnets
- Protect your child from button batteries
- Don’t pick toys with a cord longer than 12 inches
- Check for choking hazards
- Inspect new and used toys
- Make sure your child is physically ready for the toy
- Stay away from heavy toys
- Store toys carefully
- Check for recalls
If you have questions about child safety or another topic about your little one contact one of our Family Educators at email@example.com or 563-387-1720. For more information about the Family Support & Education program visit www.helpingservices.org/family-support-and-education.