Iowa in the Spotlight
As a native Iowan, I have a certain affinity for the distinction that Iowa holds in the election process. By now your community has likely hosted a number of visiting candidates, and you have heard the calls to participate in the upcoming caucus. Regardless of your political affiliation, Iowans are certainly back in the political spotlight.
Staying attuned to the political landscape is important at Helping Services. We are currently the proud recipient of state and federal grants from a variety of sources:
- Iowa Mentoring Partnership / US Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Prevent Child Abuse Iowa
- State of Iowa Department of Education
- State of Iowa Department of Justice – Crime Victim Assistance Division
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- State of Iowa Department of Public Health
- US Department of Justice – Office on Violence Against Women
Along with your donations, these grants provide additional resources for our team to provide important services throughout the eight counties we serve. If you are interested in supporting our work consider making a gift today.
Of course these programs depend on both available funding in the budget and support from elected officials. So as I think about Iowa in the political spotlight, not only do I think of the whirlwind of caucus day and the intense media coverage during the months prior. I would also like to take a moment to thank our elected officials for continuing to provide funding opportunities so our team can serve youth and families in northeast Iowa in an impactful and meaningful way.