- This event has passed.
Pronouns 101 Training
September 23, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
What are personal pronouns? How should I use them correctly? What is the differences between gender identity and sex? How can I start a conversation with someone who is questioning their identity? How can I support my trans, cisgender, and non-binary friends and family members?
All these questions and more will be explored during this fact-based virtual training being presented by Pronoun & Gender Educator, Madi Brauer (they/them). Madi’s credentials include:
- Luther College graduate-major in social work and a minor in dance.
- Worked with refugee populations in San Diego, CA and people experiencing homelesssness in Chicago, IL.
- Began the Pronoun Education Project through the Northeast Iowa Peace and Justice Center in Decorah
- Worked as a Family Educator at Helping Services for Youth & Families in northeast Iowa.
- Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA) Coordinator at Iowa Safe Schools in Des Moines.
- Created their own LLC to provide education on gender identity and pronouns so they can do their part to make spaces more inclusive for all people.
You are strongly encouraged to pre-register at bit.ly/PronounsReg for this training. When you pre-register, you will receive resources prior to the training that others do not receive. You can also submit your questions to the presenter when you pre-register. Mentors, parents, grandparents, health professionals, college students, law enforcement, clergy, youth leaders, and friends of mentoring are all welcome to attend.
Be prepared to have fun, come away with new understanding, and learn new skills! Join us on Zoom at: bit.ly/PronounsLink