Gifts of volunteering can take many forms: a word to calm the heart and soul, a smile that causes a change in the picture, a compliment, a helpful hand.
These gifts are invaluable.
-R, Volunteer for the Resource Center
Not only does volunteering make your insides feel warm, they can make your insides function better.
United Healthcare Group surveyed more than 4,500 American adults. The results show that giving of your time positively affects your health.
By volunteering you may:
- Feel physically healthier
- Improve your sense of well-being
- Lower your stress levels
- Help manage a chronic illness
- Have a healthier BMI
- Enrich your sense of purpose in life
- Be more optimistic
- Improve your overall satisfaction with life