You will be responsible for organizing, scheduling, and hosting a support group for survivors of domestic violence.
Contact the volunteer coordinator to share your ideas and skills for facilitating a group like this. Together you can develop a group that you are excited to lead and will meet the needs of past and present clients.
We ask that with this volunteer position, you commit to at a year as a volunteer. The number of groups you host can be customized to fit your schedule.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Take the 30-hour training.
- Possess an open, non-judgmental attitude toward survivors of domestic abuse and their situation.
- Complete the application process.
- Have a valid driver’s license and up-to-date insurance on a reliable vehicle on file.
- Use seat belt while the vehicle is in motion.
- Make a one-year commitment. Exceptions may be made.
- Complete two hours per year of Continuing Education, as required by Iowa law. All hours must be from a training or webinar. (College classes count toward this requirement. A copy of the syllabus with details of the course and textbooks used, the institution’s name, instructor’s name, and degree would be required.)