Since peer pressure, drugs, coping skills, sharing feelings are ‘heavy’ issues for children to understand and relate to, the puppets are a wonderful medium to promote understanding.
Six loveable puppets enter the classroom of first or second graders to teach six sessions on substance abuse prevention curriculum.
The puppets teach:
- How to share your feelings
- How to make good decisions
- How to cope when things are not going their way
- How and when to get help for big or small problems
- Why alcohol and tobacco are dangerous
Availability: Allamakee, Fayette, Howard, and Winneshiek Counties.
Cost: $174 per classroom.