- Domestic Abuse Advocacy, Family Education and Support, Substance Abuse Prevention, Volunteer Opportunities, Youth Mentoring
Internships are available year round with all of our programs. Each program may have additional requirements and may have space for multiple interns. If no positions are available, your information will be saved for future openings.
Internships are open to sophomore level and above college students, graduate student, or students have graduated from college within the 12 months of beginning the internship. Primarily we work with students studying the fields of Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, Human Services, and Nonprofit Management. However, other majors/fields of study may be considered.
While this is an unpaid internship, Helping Services for Northeast Iowa will endeavor to provide a quality experience to develop the desired skill set and accomplishments that fulfills intern’s academic requirements and personal goals.
- Independent thinking and problem solver
- Ability to communicate and interact with others to achieve expected results
- Ability to function as a team member
- Ability to align personal goals with that of the Agency
- Ability and willingness to self-assess
An online application must be completed. In addition, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.