As we venture into year 41, we will continue putting energy into programs and services that best fit the needs of our neighbors.
- An Online Volunteer Training will be created to make it easier to be part of the Resource Center Team.
- More training opportunities will be offered to individuals and professionals about the impact of domestic violence on children to generate better referrals, responses to abuse, and prevention efforts.
- The third annual Domestic Violence Awareness 5K will be on October 22, 2013.
- The Emergency Housing Fund must be sustained long-term to help families move away from violence and feel safe.
- More parents and caregivers will be invited to the newly-established Parent Support Groups in Cresco, Decorah, and Postville.
- Ambassadors for Mentoring are helping us reach our goal of 50 new mentors by the end of January 2014. These volunteers are encouraging their networks to support mentoring so 50 more local youth can be connected to a positive role model.
- Mentoring Bowl-A-Thons will now be needed fundraisers. Everyone is invited to these fun events which will take place in March 2014.
- Local coalitions are seeking new members to help protect youth, adults, and families from substance abuse issues like binge drinking and prescription drug abuse.
- Retailers and residents will be encouraged to support the Cops in Shops program to prevent underage drinking.
- Communities will be assisted in developing and passing policies that restrict alcohol use in public places.
- Partnerships will be created with local schools and colleges to review and establish substance abuse policies.
- Town Hall events will be in the Spring to help neighbors understand the dangers and costs of substance abuse and how we can prevent it.
Back to main Annual Report