- Event Time 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Event Start Date June 25, 2018
- Event Location 320 N. Elm St.
Free workshop for parents, staff, and volunteers advocating for children
The Stewards of Children program will increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations and personnel.
- This training is being offered to the community free of charge
- 2 hours of Social Work/ Nursing CEUs are available if requested in advance
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
EMAIL TO REGISTER BY June 20th, 2018
Space is limited