Our Generous Sponsors
4th Annual Holiday Lights 5K Run
NEW DAY & TIME - November 30, 2013 - Saturday morning!
Winter headbands will be given to the first 150 individuals registered.
The run/walk is at the Decorah Pulpit Rock Campground (505 Pulpit Rock Rd). They have their own website with directions on how to get there. There is not parking in the campground, but there is parking available at two locations north of the campground on Pulpit Rock Road (Will Baker Park) and a pull-off (River & Trail Outfitters). On the south side of the campground on Twin Springs Rd is a parking lot with a footpath into the campground. All parking will be well marked; just follow the crowd to the heart of the campground where registration will be.
NEW THIS YEAR: Warming fire pit!!!
Volunteers needed for Holiday 5K on Saturday, Nov. 30th. Look at the job list here.
Time: 8:00 am Check-in /Registration
8:45 am - Costume judging
9:00 am - Walkers start
9:15 am - Kid's Mile Run starts (12 and under)
9:16 am - Runners start
10:00 am - Awards Ceremony
5:30 pm - Holiday Lights, Magical Nights opens!
$30........Family of Four (each additional member $10)
$5.........Twelve and under
FREE..Children in strollers (and pets, too - but must be on leash)
There will be medals awarded to the fastest male and female in each age group.
18 and under; 19-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60 and over.
Come back to Helping Services' website to check out your times after the event!
If you are unable to join us for the run/walk, you can still make a donation to Helping Services...
- A 5K route for running enthusiasts will begin in the park, run through the City of Decorah, and end back up in the park.
- We will have volunteers at every point along the path to direct the runners where they need to go.
- The walker's 5K will take place in the park (the site of Holiday Lights).
- Kids are FREE in strollers/wagons. They do not have to complete the whole walk to take part.
- In the case event of inclement weather, the Holiday Lights Run/Walk will be canceled. Registrations are non-refundable. Listen to KDEC or KVIK for weather-related cancelations.
We're gearing up for the fourth annual Holiday Lights 5K Run! Last year was cold, but over 100 dedicated walkers/runners were determined to see it though. Let's hope for good weather, and some zany holiday costumes to get everyone in the spirit!
Race with a friend, walk with your grandma, or ride in a stroller. Dig out your best costume, and kick off the holiday season with your friends and family.