Sexual Abuse - Free and Confidential Services
24-Hour Crisis Line 563.382.2989
Toll Free 24-hour Crisis Line 800.383.2988
Read the "Tale of the 38 Bystanders"
What is sexual abuse?
Sexual abuse is more than just stranger rape. Sexual abuse includes date rape, acquaintance rape, marital rape, incest, and child molestation. Sexual abuse can alter the life of a victim forever.
Sexual Abuse . . . Statistics
- Almost 25% of our children will be sexually abused by age 18
- It is never the victims fault if he or she is sexually abused.
- Children do not lie or make up stories about being sexually assaulted
- 79 American women are raped every hour
- Sexual abuse is the most intimate form of violence practiced in our society
Sexual Abuse Programs
- Safe Dating
- Healthy Relationships
- Warning Signs of Unhealthy Relationships
- Bullying Prevention
- Media Influence on Adolescents
*Rape kit procedure training for medical personnel available.