1. TAKE CARE of yourself and your friends. Stop others from taking advantage of someone who is intoxicated or unable to help themselves. Speak up and take a stand in situations that may escalate to sexual abuse.
2. CONSIDER the words you use, the music you listen to, the 'jokes' you laugh at. Are you contributing to social practices that condone sexual violence - are you blaming the victim?
3. DONATE supplies, money, or time to Helping Services. Your donations enable us to assist victims and educate the public about sexual violence.
4. EDUCATE yourself about the sexual assault programs in your community. Chances are at some point someone you know will need the support of one of these agencies.
5. TALK OPENLY about the issue of sexual and domestic violence - silence is a perpetrator's ally.